360° monitoring of your microservices
But it doesn’t have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor Spring Boot applications, since they are increasingly popular for building microservices. We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application logs: Collect and parse your logs.
- Application metrics: Get the information from Boot’s metric and health endpoints and store it.
- Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system.
- Uptime monitoring: Use Heartbeat to ping services and actively monitor their availability.
All the data will be aggregated and visualized in Kibana. So you will learn how to collect and centralize data from your distributed application and then visualize it in its entirety — giving you an all around view of your system.
Who is it for?