Enjoy the following series of interviews with the speakers, top-notch software crafters from across Europe, joining I T.A.K.E Unconference, Bucharest, 19-20 May. Discover the lessons learned and what drives them to challenge the known path in their field.
Alexandru Badiu, Development Lead at Branded Entertainment Network, will share more in his talk at I T.A.K.E Unconference 2016 about maintaining a Node.JS OSS package.
#1. Share with us 5 things you did that helped you grow & become the professional you are today
- I got the chance to work with technology from a very early age (think ZX Spectrum, Intel 8088) and also with assembly language. This taught me to appreciate constraints and never ignore optimization or be lazy.
- Discovering OSS via the Allegro game library lead me to a wealth of code to analyze and learn from.
- Getting a job in the IT department at the university while being a student there leading to four years of experimenting with whatever I wanted to.
- Teaching at the same university.
- Getting involved in the Drupal community, taking part in the creation of Romanian branch, organizing various camps and teaching Drupal.
#2. What challenges will the participants find solutions to during your session at I T.A.K.E Unconference 2016?
How to simplify your development workflow.
#3. What else would you like to share with participants
- I am a very bad theremin player. The theremin was the first electronic instrument ever invented and you play it by not touching it. Check it out, it’s pretty cool.
- I am passionate about synthesizers, old hardware and horror movies.
- I am an amateur musician using Gameboys, Commodore 64 sound chips and other retro things. I once played music in the Gara de Nord railway, at the info panel.
- I like to ride statues (usually of pigs) while pretending to be Bastian from the Neverending Story.
Want to join Alexandru and many more software crafters from around Europe?