In this talk, we’ll go through our deployment sins and how to avoid them:
- Lust: Of course I’m using Docker, microservices, and every latest trend for each and every project!
- Gluttony: I absolutely need this monolithic, 500MB archive file.
- Greed: I’m not kidding when I’m saying that this app will be at least 150MB and only works with JBoss AS 6.0.
- Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery — who would need that?!
- Wrath: Graceful error handling, reporting, and monitoring are for the faint of heart!
- Envy: Why would I rely on an external system to do the whole configuration for me, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself?
- Pride: Checking our app’s status after the deployment? That’s only for people who break stuff.
May 15 @ 13:55
13:55 — 14:30 (35′)